The program offers individuals the opportunity to develop an expertise in teaching reading and writing using current, effective, evidence-based strategies (interventions) for use in general education and specialized settings.
- Initial licensure: For students seeking a Massachusetts Initial License as a Reading Specialist (All Levels) *Specific state degree requirements
- Non-licensure: For students seeking the MSEd or EdS degree without licensure
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Reading and Literacy Instruction program at Bay Path University are expected to demonstrate achievement in all areas of the program. Specifically, graduates will be able to:
- Know the content and principles of instruction for multisensory, structured language teaching
- Understand the difference between disciplinary literacy and content related reading
- Differentiate instruction for a diverse group of learners
- Understand of RtI at the elementary and middle school levels
- Know theories, practices, and programs for teaching reading and spelling skills at the word level
More informationVisit official programme website
- Reading Research
- Informational and Narrative Text for Children and Adolescence
- Reading and Writing Assessment
- Literacy and the Change Process District/School Action Planning
- Language Disorders and Literacy
- Teaching of Writing
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
44 credit MSEd or 47 credit EdS
DisciplinesLiterature Teaching View 1054 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- A completed application
- Translated undergraduate transcripts - by WES, AACRAO, or another similar organization
- Two letters of recommendation
- Short essay in English on "Why this graduate degree is important to my personal and professional goals"
- Confirmation of finances for tuition
- Confirmation of health insurance and a completed immunization record. - (Option to purchase health insurance available)
International535 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 535 USD per credit and a duration of .
National535 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 535 USD per credit and a duration of .
- Bay Path University Graduate Grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.