TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from Edge Hill University is a UK-based academic Masters degree that is designed to develop existing professional skills. It is suitable for home, EU and international participants who have classroom experience of teaching English as a second or foreign language. The programme will engage you in the critical analysis of contemporary discussion and debate surrounding the teaching of English in a variety of global contexts. It is not an English language or teacher training course.
You will graduate ready to contribute academically and professionally to the rapidly changing world of international English language education.
The range of professional skills developed through the programme will ensure you are well placed to find employment all over the world, as a teacher, trainer, lecturer, instructor, administrator or director of study within language schools, colleges of further education, universities or organisations such as the British Council. Alternatively, you may wish to consider embarking on MPhil or doctoral research.
- Theories of Second Language Education
- Practical Knowledge of TESOL
- TESOL Syllabus and Material Development
- Researching TESOL
- Educational Management of TESOL
- TESOL and International Education
- TESOL and Learners with Specific Learning Difficulties
- TESOL and Young Learners
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English View 116 other Masters in Teaching English in United Kingdom
- You should have a degree equivalent to UK first-class or second-class honours (2:2 or above) in a field related to Language, English or Education. You should also have two years or more of relevant TESOL experience. If you have less than two years teaching experience, you will be considered if you have an outstanding academic record in a relevant field and can demonstrate insight into language learning and teaching.
- In addition to an academic reference, the University also requires a statement from a referee who oversaw your teaching duties at the institution or organisation where your TESOL experience has taken place. This reference should be submitted directly by the referee (i.e. the statement should not be forwarded to us on their behalf).
- English Language Requirements
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Tuition fees for part-time study on this MA are £39 per credit for UK students enrolling on the programme. This is equivalent to £780 per 20 credit module.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.