The Nutritional Sciences MSc program from University of Texas at Austin introduces you to behavioral and child nutrition; nutrient requirements and intakes and health assessment; nutrition and cancer, obesity, aging, and immunity; and nutrition education.
Our program is designed to prepare individuals for teaching in community colleges; administration in public health programs; technical positions at food, pharmaceutical, and chemical laboratories; and, for those who are registered dietitians, advanced practitioner and teaching positions in clinical dietetics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advances In Nutritional Sciences
- Current Issues In Nutritional Sciences
- Energy Balance And Obesity
- Experimental Design And Statistics
- Molecular Nutritional Sciences
- Nutrition And Cancer
- Nutrition And Disease Prevention
- Nutrition As Medicine
- Nutrition Immunology
- Nutrition Through The Lifecycle
- Principles Of Epidemiology In Nutritional Sciences
- Theories Of Nutrition Behavior
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 15 July for the online program
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Biochemistry View 651 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- A bachelor’s degree in a nutrition related field from an accredited United States institution or proof of equivalent training at an institute outside the United States.
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division work (junior- and senior-level courses) and in any graduate work already completed.
- Although a combined GRE score, verbal and quantitative, of more than 300 is no longer an admission requirement, the GRE test is still required for admission and is used to inform the admissions process.
- A satisfactory score (minimum score of 82 required) on the TOEFL exam.
- Personal statement of the individuals research and professional experience, goals, and how completion of the program will further those goals.
- Applicants should have a background in nutrition or related sciences and/or meet the pre-requisite coursework for admissions
- Pay Application Fee
- Three Letters of Reference
International12896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6448 USD per semester during 12 months.
National12896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6448 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3365 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.