The Mathematics - Actuarial Sciences MA program from University of Texas at Austin aims to meet basic instructional needs at a sustained level of excellence for diverse academic areas through the utilization of well-trained, knowledgeable instructors who have achieved a significant level of accomplishment in mathematics.
Graduates with Mathematics with an Actuarial Focus from University of Texas at Austin will:
- gain broad and excellent training, incorporating the principle ideas from the most significant research areas in the mathematical sciences by utilizing the instructional skills of accomplished research mathematicians.
- achieve significant positions of leadership in their research areas
- demonstrate a capability to assist in the development of future leaders of the mathematical community.
- Algebraic number theory
- Algebraic geometry
- Applied statistics
- Approximation theory
- Banach spaces
- Calculus of variations
- Commutative ring theory
- Computational modeling
- Dynamical systems
- Ergodic theory
- Group representations
- Group theory
- Harmonic analysis
- Hilbert space methods in P.D.E.
- Iterative methods for linear algebra
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 393 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- Statement of purpose - 1-2 pages describing your research area of interest, listing any publications, and descriptions of previous or current research work.
- Three letters of recommendation - must be submitted via the UT Austin recommendation system.
- Resume - include any awards, honors or other important items you wish to highlight.
- Although not required, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit samples of your publications, thesis, research notes, etc. to support your application.
- TOEFL - (International students only).
- GPA 3.0.
International18162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9081 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9081 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4608 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.