The Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies MA program from University of Texas at Austin offers the opportunity to create an individually tailored program.
This region of the world covers over one-sixth of the globe and comprises countries, which differ enormously in language, ethnicity, religion, culture, political history and economic development. Since the mid-1980s, the process of reform, collapse and reconstruction in the region has led to a heightened interest in the area and the need for serious and scholarly understanding of the region. It is the mission of the Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies to facilitate such understanding.
Graduates with Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies from University of Texas at Austin will:
- gain a broad background in the Russian, East European and Eurasian area.
- have an extensive understanding of the country or countries of specialization, including a working knowledge of one of the region's languages.
- Russian, East European and Eurasian Civilizations and Cultures
- Literature and Culture
- Economics, History, and Government
- Anthropology, Sociology, and Geography
- Research Methodology
- Writing Colloquium
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Literature View 665 other Masters in History in United States
- GRE scores
- Application fee
- Official college transcripts
- Names of and email addresses of three (3) people, who will write letters of recommendation for you with at least one, but preferably more, being an academic reference
- Statement of Purpose in pdf format
- An academic writing sample (approximately 5-to-20 pages in length) is required of all applicants.
- Official Score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Letter of sponsorship (required before visa can be issued)
- The Graduate School requires applicants to have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a comparable degree from a foreign academic institution
- 3.0 GPA
International12568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6284 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6284 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3259 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.