Graduate work in French Studies is designed around three main organizing structures: Historic Periods (P); Literary/Artistic Genres (G); and Theoretical Approaches (T). In the three years of course work in the program, students are expected to gain breadth of exposure in the various areas and begin to develop a depth of knowledge in a specific field, to be further explored during the fourth year in preparation for the Comprehensive Exams. To this end, graduate seminars will carry at least two of the following Area Flags: Period (pre-1700, 1700-1900, or 1900-present) and/or Genre (poetry, the novel, theatre, short story, visual arts, film, etc.) and/or Theoretical Approach (post-colonial studies, gender studies, interdisciplinary studies, media studies, linguistics, cultural studies, hermeneutics, new historicism, etc.).
The Italian Studies Graduate Program at the University of Texas at Austin is a broad-based, interdisciplinary program designed to offer students maximum flexibility in course selection, research, pedagogical training, and scholarly concentration. Housed in the Department of French and Italian but integrally drawing on faculty with specializations in Italian Studies from across the university, the program leads to both the Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy degrees, with the M.A. conceived as a step toward the Ph.D. rather than as a terminal professional degree.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Translation Theory & Practice
- Images Of Women/Fr Cinema
- Dante's Afterlives
- Media Conv/Transmedia/Italy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 719 other Masters in Languages in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International17694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8847 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National17694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8847 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4464 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.