At the Studio Art MFA program from University of Texas at Austin students can choose to work in-depth in a particular discipline or across any of our five areas: Painting & Drawing, Photography & Media, Print, Sculpture & Extended Media, and Transmedia (video / performance / digital media).
Graduates with Studio Art from University of Texas at Austin will:
- develop work of the greatest consequence.
- explore the various disciplines’ parameters, depths, and overlaps, discovering applications for new and traditional modes of expression while simultaneously examining links between art and the world.
- Critique in Studio Art
- Graduate Committee Study
- Seminar in Studio Art
- Professional Practices for Fine Artists
- Master’s Portfolio Report
- Master’s Exhibition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Recommended completion of ApplyTexas application: December 15
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 831 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Texas at Austin and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- ApplyTexas Application
- Application Fees ($75 total for U.S. and Permanent Resident applicants; $100 total for International applicants)
- Official Transcript(s)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (submitted electronically by references)
- TOEFL or IELTS Language Test Score (international applicants only)
- Portfolio of Visual Work (view requirements)
- Statement of Purpose
International19212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9606 USD per semester during 24 months.
National19212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9606 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5183 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.