Students will gain a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of electrical and computer engineering, and are given the opportunity for in-depth specialization in some particular aspect of these fields. Academic Tracks for this master’s degree program are being developed to allow students to study areas of research and take tailored course work that best fits their interests and goals. Many tracks have overlap, and most faculty belong to more than one Academic Track.
This 30-credit hour program must be completed within five years, and the increased flexibility allows you to work at a pace that is designed to fit your busy schedule. Thesis, Report, and coursework-only options are available. The degree you will earn is identical to that awarded by the full-time program and comes fully backed by the globally recognized UT Austin brand.
- Architecture, Computer Systems, and Embedded Systems (ACSES) - Computer architecture is at the interface of computer hardware and software. Its practitioners are responsible for specifying, designing, and implementing at the architecture level the hardware structures that carry out the work specified by computer software.
- Decision, Information, and Communications Engineering (DICE) - This track involves research and design in: Communications and networking, Data science and machine learning, and Controls, signals, and systems.
- Integrated Circuits & Systems (ICS) - This track involves all aspects of analysis, design, synthesis, and implementation of digital, analog, mixed-signal, and radio frequency (RF) integrated circuits and systems for applications in computing, sensing, and communications.
More informationVisit official programme website
- High-Speed Comp Arithmtc I
- Data Mining
- Digital Communications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Fully structured
- Continuous support with feedback on request
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 321 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International9660 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9660 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National9660 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9660 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
In-State5277 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5277 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.