The Master of Science in Innovation and Technology Management (ITEM) from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore combines sound methodological and analytical skills with applications and business practices. There is a revolution that endows both providers and users with new technologies and infrastructures.
The programme wants to create flexible professional profiles capable of understanding the potential of product and process technologies and generating new market spaces as well as new business opportunities. Students can choose between two paths: the Innovation process management path is thought for students aiming at working in managerial roles in industrial, service and consultancy companies. The Entrepreneurship path is for students whose ambition is to rise, join or take part in the development of a new venture or a small and mid-sized company.
- The specific learning objectives of the M.S.c in Innovation and Technology Management includes:The ability to understand macroeconomic scenarios and technological developments with a significant impact on the organization and management of businesses. The programme offers the fundamental economic and technological understanding students need in order to frame and analyze business contexts in which companies operate and the potential applications of new technologies.
- Knowledge of legal matters: the programme includes courses designed to address the legal implications of implementing technology adoption programmes, both in terms of civil and criminal law
- The ability to analyze innovation projects economically and financially. The programme provides students with knowledge of the performance-measurement and capital-budgeting tools required to evaluate projects on an economic and financial level
- Knowledge of business models. The programme is designed to familiarize students with features of today's most promising business models, and to provide them with the necessary tools, not only for adopting these models in medium-large businesses with pre-established structures but also for launching new business initiatives in the form of start-ups
- The ability to recognize the potential for innovation in products and processes, and to plan and carry out implementation projects, evaluating them on an ex-post basis. The programme provides students with an understanding of market and customer-needs analysis
- Relational skills. The programme is designed to provide students with the relevant relational skills for operating in business context that, by their nature, will be multidisciplinary and highly international
To be a graduate of the degree in Innovation and Technology Management is to have multiple career opportunities, both as manager in large enterprises and SMEs, supporting business change processes and developing product and market analysis or innovation processes, and as start-upper and partner of a new venture creation.
Graduates from the ITEM master’s programme are prepared to enter careers in fields focused on innovation in: large companies in the manufacturing or services sectors; small and medium-sized enterprises; consultancy firms; international organizations; agencies offering technology transfer and support for new innovative businesses; science and technology parks; business incubators and accelerators; and in universities and other research institutions.
The ITEM master’s degree not only provides employment opportunities in sectors where innovation is central to strategic action (science-based start-ups, large ICT firms, specialists in/producers of digital technologies, energy sector businesses and organizations) but also in more traditional sectors where innovation is linked to the adoption and conceptualizations of new technologies, such as: textiles and clothing, furniture, agri-food, banking, insurance, health and public administration, and all traditional manufacturing sectors in general.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global challenges and firm strategies
- Economics of innovation
- Omnichannel management
- Organizing and leading change
- Management control systems and performance measurement
- Project and people management
- History of innovation
- Privacy and security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
We strongly advise non-EU students residing abroad to apply by April 15, due to the restrictive and lengthy nature of visa application procedures.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management Technology Management View 7 other Masters in Technology Management in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates best suited for the program have a solid background in Statistics, Mathematics, and in the subject area of Management (e.g. strategy, marketing, business development, economics). This will be verified through the transcript of records, hence it is required that students who have not yet graduated send a copy of the official transcripts comprehensive of the subjects they still have to take.
- The academic board will evaluate candidates’ academic and personal background and decide if they meet the specific conditions for admission.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8540 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8540 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per year during 24 months.
- European residents: A student may pay from €3600 to a maximum of about €9000 per year. (depending on the family income)
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The UCSC International Scholarship is an annual tuition fee reduction promoted by Università Cattolica in order to foster the access of international student to the degree programs. The discount covers about 30% of the total cost. Applicants are notified of the award by e-mail when they receive an offer for admission.
This scholarship is automatically extended from year to year for the normal duration of the degree program. Successful candidates must maintain full-time enrolment status in order to finish their degrees on time. Should the candidate be unable to graduate on the expected date, all additional costs will be at the student’s expense.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.