This area of concentration includes coursework in cognitive assessment, academic assessment, social-emotional assessment, and advanced practicum experiences. The focus is on building students’ assessment skills, and providing coursework that students can apply towards the Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA) credential, which is governed by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists. The LPA credential currently requires 42 hours of graduate coursework in Psychology (including 450 hours of practicum); thus, students who wish to pursue the LPA should take 6 hours of elective courses in addition to the 36 hours required for the M.A. degree. Upon completion of the degree plus 6 hours of electives (to equal a total of 42 hours), students will be prepared to apply for the LPA and sit for the Examination for the Professional Practice of Psychology.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Psychological Learning Theories
- Human Development Across the Life Span
- Principles and Techniques of Evaluation
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in School Psychology
- Introductory Statistics
- Cognitive Assessment and Intervention
- Academic Assessment and Intervention
- Social Emotional Assessment in the Schools
- Child and Adolescent Psychopathology
- Practicum in School Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 261 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Applicants must provide official transcripts indicating a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, preferably in a related field such as Psychology or Education, or show proof of equivalent training at a foreign institution.
- Acceptance to the M.A. program is contingent on having a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 semester credit hours of coursework for the baccalaureate degree, as well as in all graduate-level coursework taken (if applicable).
- Applicants must submit an official score on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE; including the Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing tests).
International25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8246 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.