We offer two options for earning a master’s degree in the High Incidence Disabilities concentration area:
Aspiring special education teachers and other professionals will explore evidence-based knowledge, skills, and strategies to work with K-12 students in diverse educational settings. This program has a focus on teaching students with high incidence disabilities. These can include learning disabilities, behavior disorders, autism spectrum disorders, and mild intellectual disabilities.
Master's students are prepared to support learners with high incidence disabilities through courses that teach:
- cultural and linguistic diversity,
- instructional design and delivery,
- data-based instructional decision making,
- intensive reading interventions,
- intensive mathematics interventions,
- and positive behavioral supports.
Master’s students are prepared for careers in diverse educational settings. Training prepares students to become special education teachers or consultants for schools, juvenile justice facilities, residential treatment centers, and private practice positions.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Special Education
- Assessment of Special Education
- Foundations of Positive Behavioral Interventions
- Intensive Reading Interventions for 22 Students with Dyslexia Reading Disabilities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 677 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4637 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.