The STEM Education MA/MEd from University of Texas at Austin is committed to providing equitable access to STEM careers and literacy for a diverse community of learners. We build and cultivate interest in STEM topics through innovative and socially responsive research, teaching, and teacher preparation informed by the learning sciences.
Our STEM Education degrees prepare elementary teachers through the K-6 certification program and secondary teachers through the nationally recognized UTeach program. Our graduate students return to the classroom and educational organizations in leadership roles, and go on to make major contributions in STEM education research and teaching. We also offer options that are flexible enough for current teachers to extend their knowledge of STEM education.
- Knowing and Learning in STEM Education
- Curriculum History in STEM Education
- Equity in STEM Education
- Research on Teaching and Teacher Development in STEM Education
- Systemic Reform in STEM Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 3392 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the U.S.; or proof of equivalent training at a foreign institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0, particularly during the last two years of college and in any previous graduate study.
- Pay the Application Fee
- Have Your Transcripts Ready
- Submit Your Official GRE Scores
- Prepare Your Statement of Purpose
- Update Your Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Submit Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Scores
International18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9016 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9016 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4637 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.