At Public Health from Western Michigan University we aim to do this by synthesizing public health core courses with these aspects demonstrating the practical use of a multi-disciplinary approach to problem solving, program development and leadership models.
Graduates with Public Health from Western Michigan University will:
- be introduced to topics and public health theories and practices
- develop needed skills so that graduates with a WMU MPH will be confident entering into their careers adding to the well-being of their community.
- Public Health Concepts
- Social and Behavioral Aspects of Health
- Global and Cultural Issues
- Environmental Health Science
- Descriptive Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Analytic Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Public Health Planning and Evaluation
- Health Education and Promotion Strategies
- Public Health Communication Strategies
- Public Health Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications accepted until the cohort is full or June 30, after this applications will be considered if available, no applications after July 31.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 1518 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, indicated on an official transcript.
- One official transcript from each institution attended since high school.
- An overall grade point average of at least 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate work.
- Undergraduate courses in Biology/Anatomy & Physiology, Statistics, Psychology/Behavior Change and Communication are strongly recommended.
- Up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae.
- Three (3) professional references
- A personal statement
International31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State21090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 703 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Kalamazoo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.