The special emphasis of the Historic Preservation MSc program from University of Texas at Austin is on works of the later nineteenth and twentieth centuries, especially on examples of Modernism.
The material and historical aspects of the recent past receive special attention, but students also encounter other, older buildings and sites, preparing them to work in a variety of fields. International travel is strongly supported; recent student studies have taken place in Italy, Mexico, Turkey, and Ukraine. Programs are under development in China, France, and the Dominican Republic.
Graduates with Historic Preservation from University of Texas at Austin will:
- be exposed to multiple fields in the discipline of historic preservation — architectural conservation and documentation, historic site management, and preservation planning and development.
- gain research techniques, materials conservation, documentation and interpretation of historic resources, restoration methodologies, and sensitive design for adaptive use.
- explore a wide array of historic properties, from rural vernacular sites to significant works of the Modern Movement, from interior furnishings and buildings to landscapes and urban centers.
- Preservation Planning & Practice
- Graphic Documentation
- Building Construction
- National Register Documentation
- Preservation Studio
- Architectural Conservation: Lab Methods
- Preservation Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Visual Arts History View 758 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Writing sample
- GPA 3.0
- English Proficiency
International19286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9643 USD per semester during 24 months.
National19286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9643 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10426 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5213 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.