This management task is not just about buying and selling products, services and knowledge. The B2B manager becomes responsible for managing and coordinating a more complex range of exchanges with customers and suppliers.
The Economics and Business Administration - Business-to-Business Marketing And Purchasing programme from Aarhus University enables candidates to become boundary spanners. Boundary spanners manage these exchanges through relationships with customers and suppliers by building bridge across organizational boundaries, essentially linking their own company with a complex network of suppliers and customers on the surrounding B2B markets.
The boundary spanner must establish and develop relationship with other boundary spanners representing various customers and suppliers, but at the same time also maintain a strategic perspective of how one buyer-supplier exchange is dependent on the surrounding network. Strategic decision-making is therefore an essential part of B2B management. Because such networks are global, the CM B2B programme also contains internationalization/globalization as an important element.
Job opportunities for CM B2B graduates are exceptional, given that the most companies in the global business environment operate with at least some level of B2B activity. As a starting point, the B2B graduate is perfectly prepared for a job in the both the sales/marketing and purchasing functions, and some choose to alternate between the two during the course of their careers.
These functions are heavily populated in many companies, and candidates have the opportunity to rise all the way from junior positions through middle management and into top management in their career.
Typical early career positions are Category Manager, Supply Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Product Manager and Marketing Manager. There are also a high number of available specialized positions such as Supply Risk Specialist, Supply Market Analyst, Customer Portfolio Analyst, Customer Account Developer or Franchise/Joint Venture/Alliance manager. B2B candidates are also highly attractive to consultancies.
B2B purchasing and sales/marketing consultant services are high in demand, and there are both general and specialized consultancies that offer jobs as B2B consultants. Since SMEs are typically very active on B2B markets, they also represent valuable job opportunities. In addition, many large companies have broad or even specialized B2B graduate programs that welcome B2B candidates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marketing Theory
- Buyer-Supplier Relationships and Networks
- Innovation in Buyer-Supplier Relationships
- Business-to-Business Marketing Research Methods
- Pricing Strategy
- Business-to-Business Purchasing Management
- Business-to-Business Sales and Marketing Management
- Regulating Marketing and Purchasing Cooperation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Marketing View 4 other Masters in Marketing in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students that hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Business Administration (HA) or variants hereof from Aarhus University can pursue direct admission to the MSc programmes in Economics and Business Administration after they complete their Bachelor’s degree programme.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration, Bsc (HA) from one of the Danish universities, you fulfill the specific admission requirements for the Master’s degree programmes in Economics and Business Administration (cand.merc.).
- If there are more qualified applicants than available seats, the Admissions Committee assesses each applicant based on the average mark (i.e. GPA) of the Bachelor’s degree at the time of application. Marks/grades obtained after the application deadline will not be included in the GPA. The Admissions Committee assesses each applicant’s marks based on the information provided by diplomas and transcripts.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Aarhus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.