- The Journalism Entrepreneurship program of the University of Colorado at Boulder is designed for students with a limited range of experience in journalism. Courses are offered in differing online environments. The entire program can be completed in one calendar year with students starting classes in the Augmester, then continuing in the fall and spring semesters, and finishing their professional project over the summer. The Master of Arts in Journalism Entrepreneurship also offers flexibility in that its online courses can be taken at a student’s own pace over a longer time period.
- Regardless of schedule, the degree’s focus is on multimedia journalism and business training. Students develop skills in information gathering, storytelling and analysis across a variety of platforms and professional contexts, including video, online interactivity, social media, photography—and, of course, the printed word. They will also take conceptual courses concerning the journalism industry and the business of journalism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Newsgathering and Multimedia Storytelling
- Principles of American Journalism
- Coding for Journalists
- In-Depth Reporting
- Data Journalism
- Journalism Law & Ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Journalism View 61 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United States
- Hold at least a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.75
- International applicants must also have a TOEFL score of at least 600 (IBT 100)
- Provide three letters of recommendation
- Provide a 500-word statement of purpose
- Provide a resume
International34180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34180 USD per year during 12 months.
National34180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34180 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14708 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.