Each is designed for students seeking an academic framework for the study of women, gender, and sexuality using the analytical tools and methodologies of a variety of disciplines in the humanities, arts, and social sciences.
The full major in Women's & Gender Studies at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) consists of nine courses (including WGS.101, Introduction to Women's & Gender Studies, Advanced Seminar in Women's & Gender Studies: WGS.301J), a pre-thesis tutorial, and a thesis (it is possible to have a two class substitution for the pre-thesis and thesis). Students must file a Major Departure proposal, including a list of intended courses, with the Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Science.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Women's & Gender Studies
- Advanced Seminar in Women's & Gender Studies: Feminist Political Thought
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 72 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Objectives: We recommend a length of 750-1000 words for the Statement of Objectives.
- Academic Transcripts: Academic transcripts are required for all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts should be uploaded in the online application. If you are accepted, you will be required to send an official hard copy of your transcripts.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: At least two must be academic recommendations; online submission required.
- Writing sample
International26725 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26725 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National26725 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26725 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.