Areas of Emphasis
Water Engineering and Management Emphasis
The Civil Engineering program of the University of Colorado at Boulder with an emphasis in water engineering and management (WE&M), combines technical courses in environmental and civil engineering with highly-valued professional, non-technical skills in communication, leadership, management, utility finance and governance. The water engineering and management program provides students with leadership skills so they can effectively manage teams and initiatives typically faced in the water profession.
Global Engineering Emphasis
The Master of Science degree in civil engineering, with an emphasis in global engineering is a unique program offered by the Mortenson Center at CU Boulder. This degree is a professional track of the MS program in civil engineering. It is designed to offer students exposure to a breadth of knowledge in relevant areas such as global health, development economics and impact evaluation, while also building technical skills and providing the opportunity for further study in a specific area of interest within global engineering. In addition to classroom-based learning, students are required to complete a field practicum, embedded for six weeks to six months with a global development organization.
- Environmental Engineering Processes
- Water Chemistry
- Applied Microbiology and Toxicology
- Drinking Water Treatment
- Sustainable Community Development
- Water Profession: Communication and Utility Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1735 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- 3.00 Undergraduate GPA: Applicants who cannot meet this undergraduate standard may still secure regular admission if they have completed 9 semester hours of relevant graduate course work with at least a 3.25 average
- Four Letters of Recommendation: At least three academic references are preferred. If you have not recently been in an academic setting, you may use professional references from managers, clients, etc
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Personal Statement
- Unofficial Transcripts
- GRE: The GRE is not required
- International applicants must provide a TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo score if English is not their native language
International37024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37024 USD per year during 12 months.
National37024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37024 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18268 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18268 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boulder
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.