- Students in this program will build a core understanding of critical issues informing the field of national security today, including the assessment and analysis of the threat of terrorism in the U.S. and beyond, and the analysis of intelligence collection. Students will also develop a deep understanding of the international context in which U.S. national security issues are shaped.
- National Security Affairs is one of the fastest growing professions with positions open in the public sector in the federal, state and local governments and in the private sector. This program at Nova Southeastern University is designed both for professionals and those aspiring for careers in the field, as well as for students with a strong academic interest in security affairs and international relations.
- The National Security Affairs and International Relations program is offered in entirely online format and in hybrid format. Students selecting the hybrid format would take a combination of courses at the Fort Lauderdale/Davie Campus and online. A minimum of one campus-based course is offered each semester
- Current Issues in National Security
- National Intelligence Collection and Analysis: Theory and Practice
- Border Protection and Military Issue
- Research and Evaluation in National Security Affairs
- US Foreign Policy and National Security
- Ethical Issues in National Security
- International Relations: Theory and Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Terrorism & Security View 164 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- a completed Nova Southeastern University (NSU) application form along with a $50, nonrefundable application fee
- two academic or professional letters of recommendation written within the past six months
- a resume or curriculum vitae
- a writing sample. This can be an academic paper, submitted journal writing, or a piece of professional writing (There is not a specific length requirement for this sample.)
- an admissions essay - please briefly (500-1000 words) explain why you are interested in the Master of Science in National Security Affairs and International Relations program
- official transcripts sent directly from all previously attended undergraduate, professional, and graduate institutions
- proof of all coursework from international institution(s)
International29304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 814 USD per credit during 12 months.
National29304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 814 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Davie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.