- According to NASA, there are approximately 372,000 miles of coastline on earth, and close to 2.4 billion people living within 60 miles of an oceanic coast. Coastlines are important ecosystems that are heavily impacted by environmental changes and human behaviors. Coastal zone management is a relatively new role that many government agencies and private industries, who conduct business in coastal zones, are looking to fill.
- In this Coastal Zone Management program at Nova Southeastern University, you’ll learn about contemporary problems and conflicts arising from increased use of coastal areas. You’ll study ways to develop and communicate effective solutions to protect, conserve, and restore coastal resources. These skills will help you advance your career, while making a real impact in coastal communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Ecosystems
- Marine Geology
- Marine Chemistry
- Physical Oceanography
- Scientific Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Environmental Management Ecology View 146 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- To qualify for Full Acceptance, applicants must submit a transcript of their bachelor's degree with a major GPA of at least 3.0 and a cumulative GPA of 2.9.
- A completed application along with a $50 application fee is required. Payment can be made by Visa, American Express, and MasterCard.
- The Oceanographic Center requires all applicants to take the general GRE.
- You need to request official transcripts from any educational institution attended since high school graduation. Request the certifying institution send transcripts directly to the Graduate Program Office
- Both M.S. programs in Marine Science and Biological Science require a minimum of (2) letters of recommendation.
- A statement of career goals is required and is a part of the online application.
International24150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12075 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National24150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12075 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.