- Over the past decade, the optometric profession has witnessed dynamic changes and growth in global health care delivery systems. This phenomenon has been accompanied by enormous advances in technology and the health sciences. It has impacted how we work, how we communicate, and how we learn. Technology has touched every field imaginable, including clinical optometry and vision science. While advances in information technology have simplified the exchange of information, it has also increased the sheer volume of data available and has made managing information more complicated than ever before.
- In response to these widespread changes, Nova Southeastern University College of Optometry has developed a two-year, 45-credit Master of Science Program in Clinical Vision Research (CVR). This program is designed to assist optometrists, optometric educators, optometric students, as well as other health-care professionals extend their career opportunities by developing and enhancing their ability to perform clinical vision research. It has both online and on campus components. Faculty members are nationally recognized scholars, with expertise in teaching, research, and scholarship. The program includes a thesis. The thesis is based on a research project designed according to the student‚'s interest. Each student has an adviser who is an expert in the student‚'s area of interest and guides the student‚'s thesis project. This innovative program includes curricula leading to a Graduate Certificate in CVR and a Master of Science in CVR.
- Accommodating the need and desire of most health care professionals to remain in their present location and employment and, at the same time, draw upon a nationally recognized faculty, the CVR program offers a unique opportunity through NSU College of Optometry's state-of-the-art, Web-based distance learning technology. Some of the program requirements may be completed at home or in the office at times convenient to the student, without compromising the student's career, family, and personal obligations.
- The primary audiences for this program are optometrists, optometric educators, optometric students, as well as other health-care professionals who conduct or plan to conduct clinical vision research in a patient care or academic setting. The program is designed to provide the CVR student with an opportunity to acquire or enhance his or her knowledge and skills to design, develop, perform, analyze, and evaluate research projects and studies. Following completion of the program, CVR graduates will find themselves well prepared to face the challenges of contributing to the research and knowledge-base of their profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Research Ethics
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics
- Principles of Statistical Inference
- Clinical Research Design
- Information Science for Clinical Research
- Presentation, Evaluation, & Publication of Clinical Vision Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 457 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A completed application form with a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One letter of recommendation from an individual such as academic instructor, professor, optometrist, other health professional, or employer.
- One official copy of your academic transcript sent directly from each college or university that you have attended. Transcripts must be "official."
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores, Optometry Admission Test (OAT) scores, or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores, if applicant does not have a post-baccalaureate professional degree.
- Applicants from countries in which English is not the official language are required to submit the computer version of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
International585 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 585 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National585 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 585 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.