Key facts about Health Informatics
- What you'll study
Jump into an innovative, online Biomedical Informatics curriculum that prepares you for real world practice. Intensive courses cover project management, system design, and a health informatics practicum. A variety of electives gives you choices of where to specialize.
- How you'll learn more
Choose skills-based courses to prepare for certifications in NextGen Healthcare, Lean Six Sigma, and others. Try a paid internship at Nova Southeastern University's clinics or a practicum in the surrounding community and beyond. With online courses, you'll fit the time to study in with your schedule.
- Where it can take you
Considering how fast the field of informatics is growing and how much health care is changing, specialists are needed to support their integration. You can apply these new technologies in a variety of settings such as hospitals and health systems, eHealth companies, insurers, pharmaceutical companies, and academic institutions.
- Orientation to Biomedical Informatics
- Survey of Medical Informatics
- Information Systems Project Management in Health Care
- Database Systems in Health Care
- Information Security in Health Care
- Telecommunications and Computer Networking in Health Care
- System Analysis and Design for Health Care
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 32 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Nova Southeastern University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete the online application. Payment of a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 is required to complete the application.
- Provide one signed letter of recommendation on organizational letterhead (You must request the recommendation electronically through the application system).
- Provide official transcripts of all undergraduate, graduate, and professional education.
- Provide official course by course evaluation of all foreign transcripts. A list of agencies that can complete this evaluation can be found here.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate English proficiency.
International33308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 757 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 757 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.