- With a deep understanding of diverse student needs and the nature of reading difficulties, you’ll shape and promote schoolwide reading policies, provide staff with professional development, and improve curricula and programs at the school and district levels.
- If you are already a licensed teacher, you also have the option to add a Reading Specialist endorsement to your Illinois Teaching License (PEL).
- The Reading Specialist MA/MEd program from DePaul University can be completed in two to three years. Courses take place on DePaul’s Lincoln Park Campus.
- Reading assessment
- Foundations of literacy: assessment and instruction
- Developing literacy: assessment and instruction
- Assessment and diagnostic teaching of reading
- Literature-based and content area literacy instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Creative Writing Literature View 384 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Graduate admission application
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- One letter of recommendation from professors or work supervisors
- $40 application fee
- Copy of state teaching license
- Evidence of at least one year of teaching experience, e.g., letter from principal (not required for applicants to the Reading Teacher endorsement program)
International20040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.