- The games students create throughout their Game Design degree from DePaul University will be challenged by peers and faculty in critiques. Graduates of the program will be equipped to define and realize their authentic, thriving professional lives. An MFA is also a terminal degree that opens opportunities to teach at the university level and enter an academic tenure-track career.
- DePaul’s game design programs are nationally recognized. The Princeton Review ranked our graduate program #17 on its list of the Top 25 Graduate Schools to Study Game Design in 2018, and Animation Career Review ranked DePaul #7 nationally in their Top 50 Game Design Schools of 2018.
- Creative Computation
- Game Design Workshop
- Art Games Bootcamp
- Game Design Proseminar
- Games with A Purpose Bootcamp
- Game Development Practicum
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Video Games & Multimedia View 595 other Masters in Design in United States
- Complete an online application.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended that show the successful completion of a regionally accredited bachelor's degree with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Submit a statement of creative purpose that includes your artistic goals and your reasons for applying to the MFA.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Submit a resume indicating your professional experience.
- Submit a digital portfolio of three to six items that may include examples in a variety of media as well as writing samples.
International18816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 882 USD per credit during 36 months.
National18816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 882 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.