The Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Languages and Cultures program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is still able to offer courses covering all periods of Slavic culture, from medieval to 21st century, as well as cutting-edge training in pedagogy and a range of East European languages and cultures. Cooperation with other world-class programs at the university offers the possibility of inter-disciplinary research in media, digital studies, theory, translation, history and religion.
Career PathsGraduate students are encouraged to think outside the box and pursue their passions rather than to follow the beaten track. Generous funding is available for every wish from pizza parties to workshops and conferences, from guest lectures and research travel to networking with specialists around the globe. Our pride in our students’ achievements is confirmed by their record of tenure-track job placements, post-doctoral positions, grants and publications.
- Slavic Linguistics
- Old Church Slavic
- Russian: Vocabulary, Pronunciation, Style
- Variable Topics Research Seminars: Central and East European Studies
- Teaching and Learning of Heritage Languages
- Baltic Linguistics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 991 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from the University of California
- Hold the equivalent of a UCLA bachelor’s degree in Russian Language and Literature, Slavic Languages and Literatures, or Russian Studies, OR to have completed three years of Russian language and a variety of courses in Russian history, literature, and linguistics
- Have a scholastic average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better (or its equivalent if the letter grade system is not used) for the last 60 semester/ 90 quarter units of undergraduate study and in any post baccalaureate study
- A statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- International applicants whose first language is not English must certify their proficiency in English
- International applicants must complete and return the Confidential Financial Statement
- Applicants must submit a writing sample of 15-20 pages
International33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 18 months.
National33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State18143 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18143 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.