The Higher Education Administration and Leadership (Blended) program at the Royal Roads University will prepare you to develop the skills required to work collaboratively, take a systems view of their organization, build enduring relationships and partnerships, make evidence-based decisions, think critically, plan strategically and lead meaningful educational change.
This program will allow you to customize your learning by choosing from two specialization options, a specialization in Business Development in International Education or a specialization in Systems Leadership in Higher Education and by selecting from two program completion options including a research paper (secondary research) or a thesis (primary research).
Graduates will develop an understanding of educational improvement concepts and research and be able to apply practical tools and strategies to address issues, challenges, and opportunities related to supporting student achievement and institutional growth.
- Facilitate the collaborative development and implementation of shared values, vision, mission, and goals to support learning and achievement for all students;
- Understand and use change and improvement processes to support student learning and institutional growth;
- Build positive and effective relationships between the institution and the larger community;
- Integrate evidence-based decision making approaches into administrative leadership practices to support growth and improvement;
- Engage in meaningful self-assessment and self-awareness to enhance leadership skills, positive relationships, and professional goals;
- Apply systems thinking to strategically plan and manage the higher education institutional environment to support student learning;
- Engage in sound financial planning/budgeting and project management practices to support organizational goals;
- Foster and sustain an inclusive institutional culture and climate to support both student learning and faculty/staff professional growth;
- Critically analyze the leader’s own organizational context considering existing cultural norms, national/international trends and global perspectives;
- Implement authentic and meaningful strategies assuring program quality; and
- Lead collaborative and systematic inquiry processes that support institutional growth and improvement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Higher Education Leadership in Times of Change
- Approaches to Educational Research in Higher Education
- Global and National Perspectives on Higher Education
- Leading Educational Change in Higher Education Environments
- Communication and Organizational Culture in a Globalized World
- New Models for Institutional Viability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Entrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership View 155 other Masters in Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four year (or comparable) undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of three years of paid work experience within the higher education sector, including some leadership* experience.
International15988 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31976 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National12632 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25265 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.