The Educational Leadership and Management (Blended) program at the Royal Roads University is designed to enable graduates to lead meaningful change that has a positive impact within the school community.
It is a comprehensive Teacher Qualification Service (TQS) approved program that responds to the education sector’s need for qualified school and district leaders.
The MAELM program is well-suited for administrators and educators looking to influence cultures and processes to improve the learning experiences of students while supporting teachers and staff.
The program is designed for individuals working in K-12 settings who want to gain skills and credentials as leaders and managers to advance their current career or launch a new one.
Graduates will be able to apply practical tools and strategies to address issues, challenges, and opportunities related to supporting student achievement and growth.
Graduates will have the skills to:
- Facilitate the collaborative development and implementation of shared values, vision, mission, and goals to support learning and achievement for all students;
- Understand and use change and improvement processes to support student learning and achievement;
- Build positive and effective relationships between the school, families and the larger community;
- Integrate evidence-based decision making approaches into school leadership practices to support school growth and improvement;
- Engage in meaningful self-assessment and self-awareness to enhance leadership skills, positive relationships, and professional goals;
- Maximize opportunities for curricular, instructional, and assessment practices to have a positive impact on student learning and achievement;
- Apply systems thinking to strategically plan and manage the school environment to support student learning;
- Foster and sustain an inclusive culture and climate to support both student learning and professional growth;
- Implement authentic and meaningful strategies for supporting and supervising teachers’ instructional capacities to maximize student learning and achievement; and
- Lead collaborative and systematic inquiry processes that support school improvement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Integrity
- The Link
- Leadership for Learning: From Theory to Practice
- Leading for Social Justice
- Developing Leadership Capacity through Reflective Practice
- Building and Managing the School Communities: School Culture and Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour View 14 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should be educational professionals with a four year undergraduate degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Relevant work experience.
International15988 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31976 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
National12632 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25265 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.