Areas of Study
The Manufacturing Engineering program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) encompasses many disciplines, including dynamics, fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer, manufacturing and design, nanoelectromechanical and microelectromechanical systems, structural and solid mechanics, and systems and control.
UCLA MAE students are among the very best in the world and raise the bar seemingly every year in terms of the credentials that they bring to our campus. Our preeminent faculty continually invent and stretch the boundaries of knowledge, stewarding a vibrant intellectual community that constantly seeks new solutions to emerging and persistent global challenges. The applications of mechanical and aerospace engineering are quite diverse, including aircraft, spacecraft, automobiles, energy and propulsion systems, robotics, machinery, manufacturing and materials processing, microelectronics, biological systems, and more.
- Design and Analysis of Smart Grids
- Fusion Plasma Physics and Analysis
- Fusion Engineering and Design
- Multiferroic Materials
- Foundations of Fluid Dynamics
- Viscous and Turbulent Flows
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 432 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Entering students are expected to have completed the B.S. degree requirements with at least a 3.0/4.0 cumulative grade-point average of undergraduate study
- The nonrefundable application fee is $120.00 for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents and $140.00 for all other applicants. UCLA accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
- 1 Transcript
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE test scores
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores (international students)
International32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
National32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17456 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.