You see peacebuilding as a broad concept — one that transforms societies through short-term development initiatives that become long-term, sustainable peace processes.
Globally, there’s growing demand for leadership in this field. Join professionals working in humanitarian aid, social reconstruction, conflict management and peacebuilding.
It's also for those who want to advance their professional practice in conflict-related and post-conflict contexts. To do so, it provides you with theoretical and practical skills to help restore peace and civil society.
Once you have completed this program, you'll be able to work in complex conflict/humanitarian scenarios, use conflict resolution mechanisms to develop peaceful solutions, and communicate effectively to exert strong leadership and empathy in humanitarian crises.
These skills will allow you to work in humanitarian fields, international and domestic non-governmental organizations, and police and military organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Security and Peacebuilding
- International Law and Global Institutions
- Social Policy Issues: Social and Economic Insecurity
- The Politics of Governance and Human Security
- Conflict in the Post-Cold War Era
- Managing Complex Projects
- Reframing Child Wellbeing in Complex Global Realities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Public Policy Terrorism & Security View 107 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a relevant and related field*, with a minimum GPA of 'B+' (3.33/4.33), from a recognized post-secondary institution
- * Relevant and related fields are defined by each program based on disciplinary and/or professional practices. Applicants are required to address how they consider their academic education to be relevant and related to their desired program of study within the personal statement questions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16573 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33146 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
National13150 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26301 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.