The Disaster and Emergency Management (Blended) program at the Royal Roads University explores the theoretical foundations of disaster and emergency management as a growing field of practice and study.
The program emphasizes an integrated and holistic approach to disaster and emergency management built on the understanding that disasters are more than hazards, and are products of the inter-relationship and mutual construction of the environmental, social, economic, and political spheres.
This approach supports the notion that disaster and emergency management processes and practices can and should contribute to risk reduction, community resilience and sustainable communities.
Royal Roads University works with an outcomes-based learning model. Learning outcomes are clear, plain language descriptors of knowledge and performance tasks that students demonstrate in order to successfully complete a program.
Within the MA in Disaster and Emergency Management, there are five key learning outcome domains:
- Critical Thinking
- Professional Skills & Practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Disaster and Emergency Management
- Facilitation, Coordination and Decision Making in Multi-Stakeholder Environments
- Human Dimensions of Disasters
- Hazard and Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster Response and Sustainable Recovery
- Disaster and Emergency Management Planning: From Policy to Practice
- Advanced Professional Practice: Planning for Resilience in an Age of Uncertainty
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSociology Management, Organisation & Leadership Emergency & Disaster Management View 140 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Four year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a relevant and related field*, with a minimum GPA of 'B+' (3.33/4.33), from a recognized post-secondary institution
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15929 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31859 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National12640 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25280 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.