As disaster and emergency management professionals know, disasters are more than just hazards to avoid. To be a Master of Disaster, you need to see disasters in relation to the world itself.
This two-year interdisciplinary Disaster and Emergency Management (Blended) course at Royal Roads University looks at disaster and emergency management in an integrated, holistic way.
You'll learn how the environment, society, economics and politics all have an impact on how disasters unfold. You'll study how to plan for and mitigate disasters and emergencies, and to promote sustainable recovery when disaster strikes. And you'll look at ways to support communities at risk, increasing community resilience.
This program is meant for disaster and emergency management professionals and those who aspire to work in this growing field.
Once you have completed this program, you'll have skills like critical thinking, communication and an understanding of best practices to work in sectors like international development, disaster management and mitigation, emergency response and international NGOs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Student Orientation to Learning
- Foundations: Reframing Child Wellbeing in Complex Global Realities
- Managing Complex Projects
- Foundations in Disaster and Emergency Management
- Facilitation, Coordination and Decision Making in Multi-Stakeholder Environments
- Human Dimensions of Disasters
- Hazard and Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster Response and Sustainable Recovery
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Management, Organisation & Leadership Emergency & Disaster Management View 172 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Canada
- Four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a relevant and related field*, with a minimum GPA of 'B+' (3.33/4.33), from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Relevant and related fields are defined by each program based on disciplinary and/or professional practices. Applicants are required to address how they consider their academic education to be relevant and related to their desired program of study within the personal statement questions.
International16573 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33146 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
National13150 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26301 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.