The master’s and doctoral programs offer a body of research skills together with the opportunity to work closely with faculty on key research questions, and to share the challenge and rewards that epidemiology provides.
- The M.S.C.R. program at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is an interdisciplinary research degree program housed within the Department of Epidemiology in the Gillings School of Global Public Health.
- The program is designed for physician-scientists and others who want to develop the skills necessary for a successful career as a principal investigator and collaborator in clinical and translational research.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Epidemiology for Public Health
- Injury as a Public Health Problem
- Violence as a Public Health Problem
- Research in Epidemiology
- Problems in Epidemiology
- SAS and Data Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health View 330 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- Application fee (non-refundable $95.00)
- Transcripts (complete, not selected courses): One unofficial transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application.
- Current letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Community Standards Questions
- Supplemental program information
International28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 12 months.
National28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5276 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.