In addition to the core public health coursework (Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Social and Behavioral Science, Environmental Science, and Health Services Administration), courses in the Health Policy program of Vanderbilt University include Health Economics, U.S. Health Policy, and Decision Analysis.
As part of the 240-hour public health practicum, students in the Health Policy track may work in a number of settings such as hospitals, managed care organizations, consulting firms, advocacy organizations, non-governmental agencies, public health departments, or local, state, and federal agencies.
- Health Policy
- Survey Research Seminar
- Qualitative Research Methods
- The Science of Health Behavior
- Health Economics
- Program and Policy Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Public Policy View 701 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree
- We seek applicants who have a good sense of their career interests. At least two years of relevant, post-undergraduate professional experience is preferred, but not required for admission
- Fill out your SOPHAS application
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Official Transcripts
- TOEFL test scores are required for international applicants
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives should include: reasons for your interest in public health, and specifically the Vanderbilt MPH Program’s Health Policy track, any relevant experience in the areas of health care, health services research, economics, public policy, or government, any areas of interest or proposed research topics you may have at this point (this is optional), your educational and career goals, how the Vanderbilt MPH Program will help you achieve your career goals
- Three letters of recommendation
International39999 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39999 USD per year during 24 months.
National39999 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39999 USD per year during 24 months.
- Year 2: $19,998
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.