Graduate students in the Design - Media Arts program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is devoted to the thesis — defining, exploring, and producing work in the studio along with one-on-one tutorials with faculty and group critiques. Students have the opportunity to work as teaching assistants and to collaborate with faculty members on research projects.
Each student works toward an individual thesis project that incorporates research and theoretical exploration of a topic of their choice, with the goal of producing a refined body of work that culminates in an MFA exhibition.
Graduate students in the Design - Media Arts program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) will:
- gain knowledge in visual arts, sciences, and engineering and artists from diverse backgrounds including the visual arts, sciences, and engineering are encouraged to apply.
- be exposed to new ways of thinking and making through skills and theory courses taken in tandem with individual meetings with faculty members and group critique sessions in the first year.
- Programming Media
- Graduate Seminar: Contemporary Topics in Media Arts
- Special Topics in Media Arts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 610 other Masters in Design in United States
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in order to apply.
- The minimum grade point average (GPA) requirement is an average of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale), or its equivalent. The applicant's bachelor's degree need not be in media arts, though applicants with degrees in interdisciplinary programs that emphasize media arts are preferred.
- Applicants are expected to have working knowledge of a variety of software. Additional experience with video, interactive media, or 3D modeling and animation is expected.
- Students are recommended for acceptance into the Department of Design Media Arts program based on a faculty evaluation of their portfolio, written statements, and official academic records from all higher-education institutions attended after high school.
- Any applicant whose first language is not English is required to submit a minimum TOEFL or IELTS scores.
International33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 24 months.
National33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18143 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18143 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.