The Real Estate Masters course offered by University of Cambridge aims to equip participants with a broader knowledge of all aspects of the real estate industry, insight into a range of long-term themes and strategic issues in the market as well as developing a range of research and other skills.
This is a two-year part-time Master's course designed for those with several years of professional experience in real estate or associated business, who have attained a leadership role or are seeking to take up a leadership role. The format permits students to continue with their professional career whilst studying. The course will enhance students’ technical skills and develop a range of other skills to enable them to be agents of change in the real estate industry and beyond.
The aims of the course include:
- enabling students to build their knowledge across a range of disciplines around real estate including finance, investment, economics, environmental policy, planning and law;
- enabling students to build on previous study and work experience across real estate and related disciplines;
- equipping students to take leadership positions in the industry and develop their understanding of key skills in management, innovation, strategy, negotiation, partnering and risk management;
- providing opportunities to learn from colleagues from different cultures, work backgrounds and with experience from different countries with different social, economic and legal systems;
- providing students with the skills to manage information and resources effectively and to be able to manage their own research; and
- building a passion for research and strategic thinking.
The programme aims to ensure that students have a solid understanding of the end-to-end processes in real estate investment and finance while promoting innovation in real estate through highlighting some of the trends influencing the industry and the opportunities that this will bring. The course breadth is reflected in the topics it addresses, from looking at the high-level drivers of capital flows in real estate and changes in the urban environment through to asset management of individual buildings and optimising their performance.
The course has a number of themes running through it that reflect some of the key trends shaping the industry:
- Interaction between the economy and real estate markets
- Globalisation and its influence on the market
- Risk management and mitigation
- The impact of technological change on real estate
- Sustainable buildings and cities
The programme is of modular design and delivered through a combination of distance learning, with course materials, in various mediums, released through a virtual learning environment (VLE called Moodle) and attendance at five intensive residential blocks in Cambridge, totalling seven weeks, over the two academic years (which take place over three calendar years: 2020, 2021 and 2022).
- Two 2-week and one 1-week residential sessions during year 1 and
- Two 1 week residential sessions during year 2
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Management Studies Real Estate & Property Management View 1556 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Cambridge and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should normally have a relevant UK first or good upper second class honours degree or overseas equivalent. In addition, students joining the MSt course will typically have experience expected to be of a minimum of three years and, in some cases, a professional qualification in the discipline.
At least three years of professional experience in a relevant industry: in finance, investment, real estate and the more general built-environment professions
International15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 GBP per year during 24 months.
National15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.