Some exposure is provided, however, to the pre-modern culture and society of the area through modules in religious studies, Islamic art and archaeology, and history. Modules based on Arabic are offered for those with an adequate knowledge of the language, while modules in Arabic, Hebrew, Persian and Turkish are available for those who wish to acquire or develop skills in these languages.
Graduates of the School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics leave SOAS not only with linguistic and cultural expertise, but also with skills in written and oral communication, analysis and problem solving.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culture and Society of Near and Middle East
- Art and Architecture of the Seljuks and Ottomans (12th -15th centuries)
- Arab Painting
- Islam and the West: Artistic and Cultural Contacts
- Islamic Visual Culture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 636 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at SOAS University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We will consider all applications with 2:2 (or international equivalent) or higher. In addition to degree classification we take into account other elements of the application such as supporting statement. References are optional, but can help build a stronger application if you fall below the 2:2 requirement or have non-traditional qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11980 GBP per year during 12 months.
PT 2 Years:
- UK: £5,990
- Overseas: £11,700
PT 3 Years:
- UK: £3,995
- Overseas: £7,725
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Felix Non- Indian Scholarship
- Felix Scholarships
- H.E. Dr Issa Ghanim Jassim Al-Kawari Scholarship
- John Loiello AFSOAS FISH Scholarship
- Postgraduate SOAS Global Impact Award
- SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship
- The Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary
- Tibawi Trust Award
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.