The School of Education, in keeping with the general goals of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, embraces a threefold mission of teaching, research, and service. With these purposes in mind, the school's graduate programs are designed to meet the needs of professional educators who seek to further their knowledge, understanding, and skills relating to educational processes. These professionals vary in their career orientations. Some are employed in (or wish to become employed in) educational institutions, and others, in agencies and organizations performing noninstructional educational functions.The research mission involves continuing inquiry into the development of knowledge of the teaching-learning process; human development; the organization of schools and educational agencies; the historical, social, and philosophical bases for educational institutions; and the processes of program development and implementation.The service mission provides public and private institutions and agencies with the benefits of research and consultation, thereby enhancing these institutions and agencies' ability to satisfy their educational objectives.The teaching mission involves the faculty and graduate students in applying the knowledge base in field settings and translating it into coursework.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Autism in Our Communities: An Interdisciplinary Perspective
- Introduction to Early Childhood Development: Birth to Eight
- Models of Early Childhood Service Delivery
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Entrepreneurship View 3508 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited four year university
- Completion of a minimum of 30 hours of graduate coursework and two consecutive semesters in residence
- Completion of all required and elective courses within five years of admission
- A grade of Pass on a written comprehensive exam or approved equivalent
- Filing the degree application no later than the date specified in the academic calendar
- A grade of P or better is required in all EDUC courses. One grade of F in an EDUC course makes a student academically ineligible to continue in the program
International29424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14712 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National12212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6106 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.