The faculty of the Bioengineering program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) pioneer many areas of bioengineering including molecular and cellular engineering, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, biomaterials, biomedical devices and imaging. In addition to core faculty, the department has 26 joint faculty members and 74 affiliated faculty members in engineering, physical sciences, life sciences, and medicine who collectively contribute to our multidisciplinary research and education programs. Our adjunct faculty and industry partners help teach courses, oversee capstone projects, and facilitate internship and job placement. Our bioengineering students have been recognized by numerous awards on campus and at national meetings, and our alumni go on to become leaders in their fields.
Currently, we are engaged in an exciting phase of expansion in the field of engineering medicine. We are actively recruiting talented researchers to join our department, and a significant growth in our faculty and research facilities within the next few years.
Mission StatementThe mission of the Department of Bioengineering at the University of California, Los Angeles, is to perform cutting-edge research that benefits society and to train future leaders in the wide range of possible bioengineering careers by producing graduates who are well-grounded in the fundamental sciences, adept at addressing open-ended problems, and highly proficient in rigorous analytical engineering tools necessary for lifelong success.
- Engineering Principles for Drug Delivery
- Human Physiological Systems for Bioengineering
- Physical Chemistry of Biomacromolecules
- Engineering of Bioconjugates
- Topics in Bioelectricity for Bioengineers
- Polymer Chemistry for Bioengineers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 356 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Applicants should have a B.S. degree in Engineering, Life Science, or Physical Science
- Applicants who do not have a BS degree in Engineering, Life Science, or Physical Science, are required to have, in the very minimum, all of the prerequisites listed under the corresponding field on the Prerequisite Sheet
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- International students please upload the English translation of unofficial transcripts, unofficial degree certificates and/or unofficial copies of your diplomas
- Statement Of Purpose
- Personal History Statement (optional)
- Supporting Documents (optional): it is optional to upload additional documents such as journal papers, conference proceedings, and manuscripts in this section of the online admission application
- Resume/CV (required)
- Three Letters Of Recommendation
- GRE scores
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Financial Statement for International Students
International32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
National32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17456 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.