About the Astronomy and Astrophysics from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)All members of the Division carry out active research programs that garner widespread international recognition. Doctoral students can participate in a variety of research projects, which frequently incorporate observations with the world’s largest ground-based telescopes, orbiting observatories, and other astronomical facilities.
Our PhD recipients go on to highly productive careers in academia, government, industry and business. Many have obtained prestigious postdoctoral fellowships from entities such as the National Research Council, Hubble, NSF, Caltech Millikan, and Princeton Russell. UCLA faculty have access to numerous observational facilities, including the 10-m telescopes of the W. M. Keck Observatory in Hawaii, and the Division has strong bonds with Physics, and with Earth, Planetary and Space Science.
- Nature of Universe
- Black Holes and Cosmic Catastrophes
- Life in Universe
- Cosmology: Our Changing Concepts of Universe
- Fiat Lux Freshman Seminars
- Astrophysics : Stars and Nebulae
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences View 62 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- In addition to the University's minimum requirements and those listed above, all applicants are expected to submit a statement of purpose.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor's degree in physics or astronomy. Applicants in closely related fields (such as mathematics or chemistry) may be admitted at the discretion of the department.
International32374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32374 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National32374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32374 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State17272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17272 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.