There is no aspect of modern life that is not now altered by information processing engines. Examples include digital assistants (speech recognition and synthesis), automotive (remote sensing and electronic control systems), the economy (quantitative automated trading), entertainment (audiovideo streaming and cinema visual effects), health (medical imaging), science (computational biology/geography/chemistry/photography) and the digital humanities.
The principles enabling the design of this new wave of products are embodied in the discipline of Information Engineering. The Electronic Information Engineering programme of Trinity College Dublin allows graduates to specialise in fundamental theory and applications relating to the generation, distribution, analysis and use of information in engineering and science.
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Speech and Audio Engineering
- Spatial Audio
- Audio Production Engineering
- Digital Media Systems (10 credits)
- Wireless Networks and Communications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Informatics & Information Technology View 15 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Ireland
- Admission is normally restricted to graduates who have achieved an upper second class honours degree (2.1), or better, in engineering, science, computing, statistics, mathematics or a related discipline.
- Well-qualified candidates or industry professionals from other numerate disciplines who have sufficient knowledge of computational aspects of engineering and science, may also be considered for admissions purposes subject to the decision of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- We will also accept official MOOC certification from reputed online sources e.g. Coursera, eDX, the IET, the IEEE in relevant numerate topics as appropriate demonstration of pre-requisite knowledge.
International24860 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24860 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8217 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8217 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.