The MPhil in Biological Science (Physiology, Development and Neuroscience) offered by the University of Cambridge aims to:
- To give students with relevant experience at first-degree level the opportunity to carry out focussed research in the discipline under close supervision; and
- To give students the opportunity to acquire or develop skills and expertise relevant to their research interests.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of the MPhil, students will have:
- A comprehensive understanding of techniques, and a thorough knowledge of the literature, applicable to their own research
- Demonstrated originality in the application of knowledge, together with a practical understanding of how research and inquiry are used to create and interpret knowledge in their field
- Shown abilities in the critical evaluation of current research and research techniques and methodologies
- Demonstrated some self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems, and acted autonomously in the planning and implementation of research
- The course is exclusively by research. The project and supervisor are determined during the application process.
- Research training is provided within the group structure and overseen by the research supervisor. Opportunities to develop research skills also exist through mentoring by fellow students and members of staff.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Neuroscience Physiology View 17 other Masters in Physiology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Cambridge and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK II.i Honours Degree
- Two academic references
- Evidence of competence in English
- Research proposal
- Reasons for applying
International33972 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33972 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9111 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9111 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.