Religious Education Secondary with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) course at Liverpool John Moores University course support the development of your: practical and critical understanding of educational theory and practice; reflective practice linked to professional development; practitioner research skills for effective teaching and learning and your understanding and application of subject knowledge.
The University has a well-established reputation for delivering innovative approaches to teacher education. Our academic team is made up of successful teachers who maintain strong links with schools and professional bodies, ensuring you receive the most up-to-date training and key insights into the field during your course.
Teacher Training employment prospects at LJMU are extremely good, with most subjects exceeding the national averages.
The PGDE course is intended for those preparing to enter the teaching profession and most of our students go on to achieve their career goal, working in state or independent schools and colleges. Teaching provides a variety of pathways leading to specialist roles ranging from pastoral to subject leadership and on into school leadership positions.
After completing your PGDE you can progress to the MA Education Practice programme for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) which will enable you to complete a full MA during your first year of employment.
University-based study includes:
- a full-time block of three weeks at the start of the course in September
- one day per week until January
- six one-week study blocks at university between October and June
- a number of conference days throughout the year
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Secondary Education View 147 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
- an honours degree (or equivalent) in a related subject.
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at minimum grade C/4 or equivalent. (Level 2 numeracy and literacy are not acceptable)
- to demonstrate an interest in teaching within the curriculum area. You could show this in a number of ways – time spent in schools, knowledge of the chosen curriculum area, relevant practical experience
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.