Full-time PGDE students are eligible for the same range of financial support as undergraduate students
Studying Primary with Physical Education Specialism (5-11 years) and QTS you will have access to:
- a non means-tested student loan to cover your tuition fees
- a means-tested student loan to help cover your living expenses
- a means-tested maintenance grant, which does not have to be paid back
- a means-tested Liverpool John Moores University Bursary worth up to £500, which does not have to be paid back
The programmes provide opportunities for engagement with relevant local employment organisations including schools and teacher recruitment agencies through on-campus events and school-based placements. You are encouraged to join the relevant professional association for your area of study, extending your professional network.
Courses are, naturally, intended for those preparing to enter the teaching profession and most of our students go on to achieve their career goal, working in state or independent schools and colleges. Teaching provides a variety of pathways leading to specialist roles ranging from pastoral to subject leadership and on into school leadership positions.
University-based study includes:
- a full-time block of three weeks at the start of the course
- one day per week until January
- week-long, full-time study blocks between January and June
- a number of conference days
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Sciences Primary Education View 369 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- a demonstrable interest in and enthusiasm for teaching within the primary age range. You could show this in a number of ways – time spent in schools, knowledge of the curriculum, relevant practical experience.
- GCSE English Language, Mathematics and Science at grade 4/C (or above) or equivalent qualifications – level 2 numeracy and literacy are not acceptable
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.