Full-time PGDE students are eligible for the same range of financial support as undergraduate students
Studying Primary with Physical Education Specialism (5-11 years) and QTS you will have access to:
- a non means-tested student loan to cover your tuition fees
- a means-tested student loan to help cover your living expenses
- a means-tested maintenance grant, which does not have to be paid back
- a means-tested Liverpool John Moores University Bursary worth up to £500, which does not have to be paid back
The programmes provide opportunities for engagement with relevant local employment organisations including schools and teacher recruitment agencies through on-campus events and school-based placements. You are encouraged to join the relevant professional association for your area of study, extending your professional network.
Courses are, naturally, intended for those preparing to enter the teaching profession and most of our students go on to achieve their career goal, working in state or independent schools and colleges. Teaching provides a variety of pathways leading to specialist roles ranging from pastoral to subject leadership and on into school leadership positions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You will learn via lectures, seminars, interactive workshops, group discussion and reflection, problem solving and micro-teaching. You will also make use of our online learning environment. You will be allocated a Teacher Mentor who will organise and supervise your school-based training. Your Mentor will be supported by your LJMU Tutor who will visit your school several times to monitor your progress. Additional professional development sessions are organised in school during placements.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Sports Sciences View 808 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- a minimum 2:1 degree (or recognised equivalent). Strong applicants with a 2:2 will be considered if they have significant school experience prior to application
- a demonstrable interest in and enthusiasm for teaching within the primary age range. You could show this in a number of ways – time spent in schools, knowledge of the curriculum, relevant practical experience. A minimum of 10 days’ work experience in an educational setting engaging with children within the appropriate age range is required prior to interview
- GCSE English Language, Mathematics and Science at grade 4/C (or above) or equivalent qualifications – level 2 numeracy and literacy are not acceptable
International15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.