On this Performing Arts (Dance) Secondary with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) course from Liverpool John Moores University you will experiment with how teaching and learning enables pupils to know, apply and understand the knowledge, skills and processes of Dance.
During your training, you will focus on the various approaches and pedagogies for Dance, emphasising the practical application of theory.
A sequence of micro-teaching experiences allow you to develop and share, with peers, your understanding of learning and teaching strategies that support effective practice in the classroom.
You will explore signature pedagogies such as collaborative learning and group work. Sessions will help you deepen your understanding of the role and nature of Dance in the curriculum and your own personal philosophy for the subject.
You will also have an opportunity to explore the importance of your subject and its links to other curricular areas. These sessions will help you identify strategies to support how children learn in Dance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
University-based study includes:
- a full-time block of three weeks at the start of the course in September
- one day per week until January
- six one-week study blocks at university between October and June
- a number of conference days throughout the year
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications opening on 13th . We recommend applying as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesEducation Liberal Arts Teaching View 871 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- an honours degree (or equivalent) in a related subject.
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at minimum grade C/4 or equivalent. (Level 2 numeracy and literacy are not acceptable)
- to demonstrate an interest in teaching within the curriculum area. You could show this in a number of ways – time spent in schools, knowledge of the chosen curriculum area, relevant practical experience
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.