Urban and regional planners play a major role in shaping communities, in providing guidance for sustainable development, and in addressing social, economic, environmental and political problems of communities.
The Urban and Regional Planning program at West Chester University provides students with the professional and technical skills needed to guide the complex processes of a changing world, to use modern technology to create a sustainable built and natural environment, and to enrich communities through leadership, entrepreneurial creativity, social responsibility and environmentally sustainable planning and policy. WCU’s program aligns with the standards of the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB) of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning (ACSP), and our students are guided by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Code of Ethics.
- State-of-the-art labs, include 3-D modeling and both virtual and augmented realty
- Fully equipped planning studio
- Internship opportunities
- Graduate assistantships available
- Thesis option
- Personalized education experience
- Hands-on graduate advisor
- In-person format with some online and blended course options
- Full-time and part-time study options
- Qualitative Methods and Community Engagement Techniques
- Quantitative Methods in Planning/Geography
- Suburbanization and Land Development
- Planning History, Theory and Ethics
- Planning Law and Organization
- Geographic Information Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Management Urban Planning View 291 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form submitted online.
- Transcript from the college/university where you earned your bachelor's degree. You will be notified if you need to submit transcripts from other colleges/universities you attended but did not earn a degree. If applying to a doctoral program you will need to submit the transcript from the college/university where you earned your master's degree.
- Two letters of recommendation for degree and certificate programs.
- A written statement of your professional goals. The quality of your statement is of critical importance to the success of your application for admission. Several programs have specific requirements for the essay.
International2658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per semester during 12 months.
National2658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.