Animal science majors of Iowa State University frequently focus on research problems related to livestock production systems.
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in Animal Sciences and related disciplines.
- Form testable hypotheses and articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to Animal Sciences and related disciplines.
- Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research via appropriate acquisition, analysis, and reporting of data and information.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings using written, oral, visual, and electronic means of communication.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams or with independence, in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
Over the past five years, the vast majority of graduates from this major have taken jobs in agricultural industries and agribusiness, while the balance have pursued additional degree work or assumed appointments in extension services around the country.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey of Animal Disciplines
- Meat Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnimal Sciences View 129 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
- Academic Records
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
International26352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per semester during 12 months.
National24720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12360 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4879 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ames
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.