Our courses support the development of your: practical and critical understanding of educational theory and practice; reflective practice linked to professional development; practitioner research skills for effective teaching and learning and your understanding and application of subject knowledge.
Liverpool John Moores University has a well-established reputation for delivering innovative approaches to teacher education. Our academic team is made up of successful teachers who maintain strong links with schools and professional bodies, ensuring you receive the most up-to-date training and key insights into the field during Computer Science Secondary with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) course delivered at Liverpool John Moores University.
Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
Teacher Training employment prospects at LJMU are extremely good, with most subjects exceeding the national averages.
The PGDE course is intended for those preparing to enter the teaching profession and most of our students go on to achieve their career goal, working in state or independent schools and colleges. Teaching provides a variety of pathways leading to specialist roles ranging from pastoral to subject leadership and on into school leadership positions.
Programme StructureUniversity-based study includes:
- a full-time block of three weeks at the start of the course in September
- one day per week until January
- six one-week study blocks at university between October and June
- a number of conference days throughout the year
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Computer Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 758 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Liverpool John Moores University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at minimum grade C/4 or equivalent. (Level 2 numeracy and literacy are not acceptable)
- to demonstrate an interest in teaching within the curriculum area. You could show this in a number of ways – time spent in schools, knowledge of the chosen curriculum area, relevant practical experience
- to undertake Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy prior to entry to this programme. Successful completion of the tests will form part of the conditions of any offer of a place. For further details see Get into Teaching
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.