Why this programme
- During the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery programme of the University of Glasgow you will have access to patients and opportunities to carry out oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures under supervision.
- The University is well recognised as a centre of excellence for research in the fields of 3D imaging, bone bioengineering and orthognathic surgery.
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgery are special interests in the surgical specialties, linked with the renowned oral and maxillofacial surgical service in the city and regional hospitals in the west of Scotland.
- You will have the opportunity to attend all postgraduate lectures in the Dental School which includes invited speakers from the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons in Glasgow and from dental companies.
Graduates are able to apply for senior house officer posts in the UK, or join a higher research programme leading to PhD qualification.
- Evidence-based Research in Medicine
- Medical and Research Ethics
- Quality Improvement in Healthcare
- Decontamination and Infection Control
- Local Anaesthesia, General Anaesthesia and Sedation
- Dentoalveolar Surgery
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have currently filled all places on this programme for entry in September however we will run a waiting list.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Dentistry View 941 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Glasgow and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should have a universally recognised dental qualification and two years post-qualifying, relevant experience
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International46800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46800 GBP per year during 24 months.
National46800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46800 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.