If you are interested in nanotechnology, then this programme equips you with the knowledge of material science, chemistry and biology that becoming an expert in the design and synthesis of new bio- and nanomaterials requires.
The Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials programme at Ca' Foscari University of Venice pairs traditional lectures and laboratory classes that teach you how to prepare bio- and nanomaterials and to explore their chemical-physical characteristics, properties, methods of preparation and applications. During your studies, you are given the chance to carry out an internship and learn on the job at research laboratories and companies both in Italy and abroad.
Launching your career
Thanks to the skills and knowledge you will possess as a graduate, you will be able to work in the technical sectors of companies that produce, market, transform or develop materials either structured or functional bio- and nanomaterials. Possible professional profiles include:
- Chemical information management specialist
- Industrial and commercial consultant
- Specialised consultant
- R&D manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry for Nanotechnology
- Mathematical Methods for Physics
- Applications of Nano and Biotechnology
- Biomacromolecular Engineering
- Nanosynthesis, Nanomaterials and Oxide-based Biomaterials
Double/Joint degrees available:
- Master’s degree in Materials Science (curriculum in Functional Chemistry) from Kyoto Institute of Tecnology (KIT)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Ca' Foscari will begin accepting applications for the 2022/23 academic year on 7 December 2021. The application procedure takes place entirely online.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering View 8 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to be elgibile for admission, you need to have a minimum of 50 ECTS in specific study areas. Check the programme's official web page for details or contact us!
- You need a certified B2-level knowledge of English.
- A Teaching Committee assesses your CV to make sure you have adequate personal preparation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2117 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2117 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Ca’ Foscari’s tuition fees are remarkably low. This is a result of both heavy subisidising by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research, which covers approximately 70% of the actual cost, and Ca’ Foscari’s belief in the need to make university affordable to all. According to their nationality, students can pay from 700 euros to 2.117 euros per year.
- In addition, Ca’ Foscari offers a variety of forms of financial aid, including scholarships, exemption from and reduction of fees, student loans and awards for outstanding theses.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Ca' Foscari University offers high-achieving international students renewable scholarship packages of various sizes, ranging from 6,500 euro a year for bachelor's students to 8,000 euro a year for master's students. These scholarship packages are designed to offer support for the full duration of an award-winner's degree. To be eligible to apply, you will need a minimum 8.5/10 CGPA. Complete information about the requisites and procedures to apply will be published in December in a formal call for applications.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.