About the programme
Taught in English, Earth Sciences programme from University of Fribourg it includes a choice from five options: Earth and Life Evolution (an exploration of the evolution of the geosphere and the biosphere); Earth Materials (a multidisciplinary approach to geology and material sciences); Environmental and Resource Geochemistry (the chemical and physical interaction between aqueous fluids and the solid substrate); Geology (the understanding of geological processes and the results thereof in space and time, ranging from unconsolidated soil to solid rock on both small and large scales); Pure and Applied Quaternary Sciences (an integrated approach to quaternary sediments).
With only a twenty minute train trip separating the two universities, students profit from the expanded number of lecturers and researchers, and from the specialised geological know-how and facilities at both institutions. The merger of capabilities allows an exciting and varied curriculum to be offered in a two-year degree taught in English.
- Earth and Life Evolution
- Earth Materials
- Environmental and Resource Geochemistry
- Pure and Applied Quaternary Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master's degree programmes are built on the knowledge and abilities that were acquired when obtaining a Bachelor's degree.
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree awarded from a Swiss university can be admitted to a Master's degree programme within the corresponding discipline without any additional requirements.
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree awarded from a Swiss university or holders of a Bachelor's degree awarded by a foreign university, provided that the Bachelor's degree is recognised and considered equivalent by the University of Fribourg, can be admitted to a Master's degree programme within another discipline with prerequisites.
International1750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA1448 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 724 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- CHF 720 - national
- CHF 870 - international
Living costs for Fribourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.