The Irish Traditional Music MA at Maynooth University is anchored by a final capstone project (choosing from options in performance, recording, and thesis) and provides specialist training in the areas of student choice.
Three main strands of study (performance, portfolio (recording), thesis) allowing the student to explore practice, creativity and research according to their own specialisms.
By the end of the programme, students should be able to:
- Engage actively in the performance, composition and or/recording of Irish traditional music;
- Demonstrate a range of standard and specialised research tools or their equivalent;
- Discuss a range of cultural topics related to Irish traditional music in national and international contexts;
- Produce original work in the form of high-quality written texts, artistic performances, or artistic works.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fieldwork & Source Studies
- Theory & Practice In Irish Traditional Music
- Sound Recording Techniques
- Music In Ireland
- Irish Musical Critique
- Music Recording Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Music View 28 other Masters in Music in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
2:1 Honours level 8 or equivalent, usually in a Music-related field
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.